* We have received reports that bulk carrier, YASA UNITY, experienced a main engine and electrical failure in a position approximately 150 nautical miles northeast of Madagascar on 21 August 2020.
* The vessel was disabled and went adrift as a result of the engine breakdown. The crew were unable to effect repairs to the vessel, consequently the vessel was taken under tow by tug towards Durban, South Africa.
* It is reported that the vessel was on a laden voyage from Kishnapatnam, India to Port Elizabeth, South Africa at the time of the incident.
* It is possible that General Average / Salvage and associated recovery issues may arise as a result of this incident.
* Salvage Security may be demanded from a source in the UK and W K Webster may be able to assist. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to the Council of Lloyds and widely preferred by professional Salvors.
* If General Average is declared, General Average security may also be required from all Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargo and we are also likely to be able to assist in that regard.
* Please contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.