* LEXA MAERSK diverted from its intended route on 7 May 2020 to call at Charlotte Amalie port, US Virgin Islands to medevac a crew member displaying symptoms of suffering from COVID 19.
* The vessel later berthed at Rotterdam, Netherlands, on 18 May 2020 where a further 5 crew members, including the Master, have been transferred to hospital also suspected of suffering from COVID 19.
* The vessel will require to undergo a deep cleaning operation before resuming sailing.
* It is reported that cargo stowed onboard the vessel is currently being discharged at Amsterdam to enable on-carriage to destination ports.
* Whilst there are no reports of any loss of electrical power to temperature-controlled containers during the course of the voyage, deterioration may have occurred, or may still occur, to temperature / time sensitive cargo and claims for consequential damages could arise as a result of any delay in handling any cargo subject to contractually-agreed delivery or shipment dates.
* We recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo so affected so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.