* General Average has now been declared by the Owners of the NORDIC WOLVERINE.
* Accordingly General Average security will be required in addition to Salvage security to release cargoes for delivery. We are in direct contact with the Average Adjusters who are well known to us. They have confirmed that General Average security will be required from Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargo and we would be pleased to assist in this regard.
* We are in contact with the Salvors with regards to the form of acceptable Salvage security. It is highly likely that Salvage Security will need to be lodged at the Council of Lloyd's by an acceptable source based in the UK. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to Lloyd's and is a widely preferred option by professional Salvors. Again, we would be pleased to assist, on agreed terms, in this respect.
* We are already instructed by a significant proportion of cargo on board the vessel. As such, we may be able to offer certain economies of scale with regard to 3rd party costs that may need to be incurred on behalf of cargo interests which will result in a cost saving for our principals.
* The vessel has now been successfully refloated. We are making arrangements for surveyors to be on standby in Colombia to investigate the cause of the incident and we also stand ready to assist with recovery aspects and the possible defence of General Average.
* We recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.
* NORDIC WOLVERINE ran aground on the approaches to Barranquilla, Colombia on 19th July 2020.
* Shipowners have entered in to a Lloyd's Open Form agreement with professional salvors to assist in refloating the vessel. It is understood SCOPIC has been invoked.
* Tugs are engaged in an attempt to refloat the vessel. Currently no damage has been reported as a result of the grounding.
* Salvage Security is required to be provided from a source in the UK and W K Webster may be able to assist in that regard. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to the Council of Lloyds and widely preferred by professional Salvors.
* Please note that cargo will not be released from the Salvors lien until acceptable security is provided which we recommend is issued promptly to avoid any unnecessary delay or costs.
* It is possible that General Average issues may arise as a result of this casualty.
* Please contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.