* We have received reports that bulk carrier, AHU C, ran aground whilst navigating the Congo River on or about 14 April 2021.
* Salvage services were rendered to the vessel by professional salvors acting under Lloyd's Open Form terms following the casualty. Subsequently, Salvage Security is required to be provided by cargo interests prior to the release of cargo and W K Webster may be able to assist. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to the Council of Lloyd's and widely preferred by professional Salvors.
* It is also possible that shipowners will declare General Average as a result of this casualty. If so, General Average security may also be required from all Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargo and we are also likely to be able to assist in that regard.
* The vessel was loaded with approximately 22,000 metric tonnes of Indian White Rice, shipped from Kakinada, India for carriage to Matadi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, at the time of the casualty.
* We therefore recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any of the cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.