* We have received reports that a cyclone was experienced in the Yellow Sea/East China Sea region, off China on 28 August 2023.
* Winds of Force 9, with gusts of up to 60 knots, and sea conditions of between 10 - 15 feet are reported to have been experienced in the region.
* Bulk carrier, HUA HAI 601 (2,978 GRT, built 2013), loaded with approximately 6,000 tonnes of nickel ore, is reported to have capsized and sank at Chenjiagang Anchorage, and bulk carrier, ZHENG HE 9 (2,879 GRT, built 2018), loaded with approximately 5,000 tonnes of iron ore, is reported to have experienced water ingress to the cargo holds and engine room at Haizhou Bay Anchorage as a consequence of the weather conditions.
* Other vessels in the vicinity are also likely to have been affected by the weather conditions.
* It is possible that Recovery issues may arise as a result of these casualties.
* We therefore recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board these vessels, or other vessels so affected, so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests