We have received the following updated casualty report:
* GHETTY BOTTIGLIERI experienced a main engine breakdown and went adrift in a position approximately 370 nautical miles east of Socotra Island, Yemen on 24 May 2020.
* Salvors have been contracted to provide assistance to the vessel under LOF terms and a salvage tug is currently en route to the vessel.
* We currently have investigators standing by to investigate the cause of the engine breakdown should the vessel be towed to a port of refuge in the region.
*There are reportedly no adverse effects to cargo as a result of the loss of propulsion although it is reported that the vessel is rolling up to 15° as a result of the wind and sea conditions whilst awaiting arrival of the salvage tug.
* We understand that cargo is ultimately destined for:
* Jiangsu Hengli Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd., Suzhou, China
* As previously advised, Salvage Security may be demanded from a source in the UK and W K Webster may be able to assist in that regard.
* It is also possible that shipowners will declare GA. If so, General Average security may be required from Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargo and we are also likely to be able to assist.
* If you insure the subject cargo, we stand ready to assist you with the handling of this case and we recommend that you contact us urgently so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.
We have received the following new casualty report:
* GHETTY BOTTIGLIERI experienced a main engine failure and became immobilised whilst transiting the Arabian Sea on 24 May 2020.
* Owners entered into a salvage contract with professional salvors under LOF terms on 25 May 2020 as a result of the casualty.
* A tug is currently en route to provide assistance to the vessel.
* Salvage Security is required to be provided by cargo interests and W K Webster may be able to assist. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to the Council of Lloyds and widely preferred by professional Salvors.
* We recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.